Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I Survived!

After yesterday, I was ready to call in sick today. Instead I headed in (a few minutes later than normal) to the office with full anticipation of a crappy day ahead of me. I hadn't even set my computer down and a VP was lurking around my office asking me about when my boss would be in (she flew in this afternoon). I wasn't sure what she was fishing for but this VP only comes around when she wants something. Right away I thought-busted for being 20 minutes late! Oh well, I don't take lunch and I knew I would be staying past 5:30 so I put my stuff away and opened my email.

Surprise number one: A student I helped out with a little worldy advice sent me a very nice thank you. I was told I am more than a teacher, I am inspiration. Made me tear up and put a smile on my face.

Surprise number two: Presentation to a specific group of people who were supposed to review a communication plan and three captivate tutorials for feedback had little to no feedback. That is good. Less rework and debating tactics.

Surprise number three: The three rescheduled training sessions went pretty good. The one school I thought would tear everyone apart had positive feedback. When I got back to my desk, I had a very nice thank you from a Dean who copied his VP and the Provost.

Semi-surprise number four: My boss saw me packing up at 5:30 and only kept me an extra 10-15 minutes. Normally it would have been an hour.

Final surprise for the day: Walking partner was easily swayed to skip walking and get Chipotle for dinner. Ah...what a perfect way to celebrate a long day of goodness.

Since Annie is pain in the ass, I knew my good luck would end sooner than later. After a game of catch, a rawhide base ball and several trips outside...she keeps talking to me. How much more can one spotted dog want from me? Obviously quite a bit more. She also thinks Ryan is coming home soon or hiding since she keeps looking for him. I wonder if she looks for me when I am gone. (note to the husband, even if she doesn't, tell me she does)

2 Comments:

At 2:43 PM , Blogger Jess said...

You need more exciting surprises. Like finding money. Or a leprechaun!

 
At 5:45 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Wouldn't finding a leprechaun lead to finding money? Don't tell me I've been chasing rainbows all these years and am really going to find a pot of soup at the end.

Glad your day was better Erin!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home