Monday, October 22, 2007

Frustration Day

Multiple times I woke up dreaming about work. I had 4 one hour sessions set up for train the trainer on a new product. I am half of the team working on this. My team created the training documents (after many rounds of revisions because the other team didn't have their crap together) and organized all of the training. The other team has been continually late on delivering their half (and when I say team, it's one person).

This other half, owed me a massive document and matrix on Thursday for help desk training in which he did not deliver. Friday, he didn't deliver on another communication. Today...I get a message from his boss that he is stuck on a flight somewhere and won't be in until noon. I rescheduled our 11am training session and asked her to clarify if being in at noon meant in the office or landing in Florida. No answer. At 12:45, I had to cancel our 1pm training session. Then at 1:30 he called to tell me he didn't get any of his stuff done and he wanted to cancel the remaining two sessions. I put my foot down-sort of. I cancelled the 2pm because that group would have been brutal even though the parts they would have scrutinized were his. I didn't want to sit through that awkwardness. I forced him to hold the 4pm. Like usual, some new surprises I didn't expect to come out of his mouth came out.

After a torturous hour of trying to act like we were a team and knew what each other was talking about it was over. I felt like a failure even though I know my stuff was right on the money. Tomorrow should be interesting. The worst part to this whole debacle is that the product goes live Wednesday and the part he was responsible for is no where near where it should be. Things that should have been done a month or two ago haven't even been thought of or touched.

Oh well, hopefully I will sleep well tonight and dream of him getting his butt wiped across the office floor for being such a loser and me receiving a cake in my honor of being so spectacular. I said it would be a dream! :)

5 Comments:

At 11:03 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Wish I was there to make you a big chocolate gooey cake!

 
At 12:37 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

you could always introduce him to my closest friend, mr. l. slugger, I"d be happy to do introductions next time I'm in florida.

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Thanks. I will keep you posted on how today goes. Hopefully I can hide my desire to strangle him since today, we have face to face and teleconference meetings. (3 hours back to back...ishda!)

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Do you want me to break his legs?

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

dibs on his fingers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home