Monday, October 29, 2007

Roller Coasters

I refrained from posting a frustrated post on Friday night but I think tonight I need to release a little of the emotional roller coaster. Don't worry, I promise it will be the cliff notes version.

Last week at work: highs and lows on projects (you already read about them)

Friday: busted butt on huge fires, left with an outstanding issue, no correspondence all night, and then whammo! a communication stating something was finally fixed but I wasn't around to verify it. Oh, that made my blood boil. I had my BB on me all night and not one single communication came my way asking for assistance.

Saturday/Sunday: only school work, no work work I was so peaved

Monday: ok day in general at work but I found out at the end of the day, the one person that helped us out on Friday and worked like a mad man to make things right was lectured about not doing a good job. WTF! Oh, it gets better. The higher power that insulted me is the one that insulted him by saying he must have had a communication problem. The guy sent emails every hour with statuses and we were physically talking to each other face to face throughout the day. He did not drop the ball. We have a broken process but the broken part is after things leave his hands. Wow. Talk about slap in the face to all that worked hard on Friday.

So...that leads to my class tonight. Only 3 students showed up. I thought there would be no way I could stretch the material an hour but I did and it was productive. They aren't talkative but they are good students. Too bad the other 11 didn't even show.

Yep, highs and lows all week long. Such fun.

3 Comments:

At 3:56 PM , Blogger Jess said...

So...where was the "high"?

 
At 8:00 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

Her magnificent husband returned.

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

After the week we both had...good things are sure to come to us. (sooner than later I hope.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home