Sunday, September 02, 2007

New Respect for Old Rockstars

We went to the Poison and Ratt concert last night. We started off with a tailgate party in the parking lot. Ryan grilled up some cheddar dogs, Jess brought some potato salad and chips, and a few heavenly, ice cold Miller Lites. The heat wasn't too unbearable because it was slightly overcast and there was a breeze. We headed into the concert to start people watching and listen to the tunes.

This is where I have conflicting theories on a few things in life. Rock concerts are not related to Halloween but I do believe some people dress the part. I saw young and old white trash. Some truly looked like rock star groupies but others just looked plain ol' disgusting. Thigh high nylons, too short mini skirts, corsets, hot pants, stiletto's (obviously those girls weren't standing on the hill for the concert). I could go on. You may think I didn't mention men's attire but there were some poorly dressed men too, leather, bad t-shirts, rolled up t-shirts, no t-shirts, bleached and ripped jeans...it was a time warp.

I know I partied like a rock star and feel a little wiped out today. I jumped around, I sang my heart out, I danced like a fool, and I drank a lot of beer. I am no where near the age of some of those other fans and I am beginning to wonder, do you stay young by being an old rocker or does it make you old? I stated earlier in the evening I would be the hip parent bringing my kid to concerts but waking up this morning, I don't know if 20+ years down the road I will still be jumping, singing, and dancing at this same level. Maybe that's when I will bring a lawn chair, sit back and just enjoy the show.

Oh, Poison put on an excellent show just like the last 4 or 5 times I have seen them. Ratt, well, I only knew 3 songs and they wait to play them last. I think that is why we drank so much, the first 2 bands weren't very good and if you don't know the songs, it's easier to just keep drinking.

To all the old rock stars and groupies, I salute you. I hope you don't wake up with hip and shoulder pain like I do.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Ughhhh...Feelin a little rough today.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home