Monday, August 13, 2007

Anniversary Post

Our trip to St. Augustine was good but VERY HOT! I don't know why neither one of us thought to maybe wait and go when it was cooler but 115+ degrees is too hot to be out walking about being a tourist. The worst part was as I was panicking to find a spot to get water before I passed out, I see a chic running at 2 in the afternoon like it were only 60 degrees out. Your runners are CRAZY.

Here's the breakdown:
1) I left work around 12:30 and we were off. Made it to our hotel before 5pm.
2) Friday night we walked the main strip in search of food, drinks, and our ghost tour. What we didn't account for was that even at 11pm it seemed to be 100 degrees out still. We vowed to dress very cool for Saturday.

*Food=ok on Friday night. Drinks=good but too many combos. Ghost tour=good for a "G" version. We did get pictures with orbs in them! Ryan was a sissy and told the ghosts to leave him alone. I encouraged them to give me a sign. The only sign I got was when I stubbed my toe and split it wide open in the hotel room that night. The sign was clearly present when I saw stars while saying every swear word in the book. Dang ghouls!

3) Saturday we were full blown tourists. We walked the strip again, went in more shops, visited a wax museum, the fort, ate and drank more, and went to the Fountain of Youth.

*The Fountain of Youth was very educational! Pretty cool to learn stuff even if you are sweating from your eyelids to your toe nails. Ryan literally had sweat dripping off of his arms!

4) Sunday we visited a great museum and had a good lunch. We decided we had sweat enough Friday and Saturday that we were just going to go home rather than hit up the last couple things we wanted to see.

Overall impression of St. Augstine was good. Just don't go when it is this hot outside. Also, we want to thank/harass our parents for teaching us that a vacation means fitting in as much as possible because you may not go back. It is a blessing and a curse. I think we miss the "relaxing" part of vacations because we are so busy trying to see all the sights but at least we get the main highlights accomplished and can decide whether it is worth going back for.

That's all folks. I have 3 episodes of Weeds to watch and laundry to do before Hell's Kitchen Season Finale.

Oh, and most importantly...I finished Harry Potter. Excellent book and ending to a fantastic series. I didn't get as "emotionally" upset as some but I did have a few moments where I had a pain in my chest and watery eyes. Kudos to JK Rowling. She knows how to write a great series.

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM , Blogger Jess said...

So, did ya drink a little of the fountain? Are ya feelin any younger? Or, did you sweat out all signs of aging?

When we were in Key West, it was like that: walking all day in the hot, hot sun -- all you can do then is take frequent breaks in the cool, dark bars and enjoy some refreshing beverages.

Did you do anything "special" for your anniversary? Did you celebrate your 6 years of L-O-V-E?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home