Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Brain Dead

Brainstorming sessions should be called brain drain sessions. I have been in meetings since Monday on a new initiative. It is fun to be involved but man, it sure is exhausting. I think this contributed to it:

Sunday night: tried to go to bed at 9:15 and got about 45 minutes of snooze time. Then I woke up and was on again/off again until Ryan came home with my parents at 11:30pm (or later). They were flying into Ft. Lauderdale from Europe (vacation). I got up and talked for a little bit but went back to bed a little after midnight. Then the panic to fall asleep set in. I had to be up at 3:30 to get ready to leave for a flight to Chicago. Of course, knowing I needed as much sleep as possible, I couldn't fall back to sleep and when I did, I kept waking up to make sure I hadn't overslept.

Monday morning: Made it to the airport, had an ok flight, and headed straight to the office. We worked our butts off at work and then had a nice team dinner. On the way back to the hotel, we decided to take the L for a cultural experience. Oh my. Then we walked around for a while and my brain was awake but my body was tired. I finally fell asleep around midnight and was back up a little after 6.

Tuesday: back at work before 8 and still here (it's going on 6:30). We worked too hard and I can't think or bare to talk about work anymore. We are going out for pizza and drinks. Hopefully it will be an early night.

It's been fun but there are more meetings tomorrow and then an evening flight back home. I felt bad not being around to baby my hubby after his surgery today. Hopefully he is obeying the dr.'s orders.

later peeps!

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, that's too much work -- that's not healthy.

What was up with the el? Scary?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home