Sunday, August 19, 2007

Workin' on the Weekend

Workin on the weekend-well, sorta. Here's the recap:

Saturday I tried to get some "back to school" shopping in and that was cut short due to Rosie the Escape Artist. We are doggy sitting Rosie, my parent's dog. She is a black and white spotted spaz like Annie (she is a greyhound so not quite as crazy as Anna Banana but still crazy). She was out in the yard with Annie and supposedly they decided to find freedom (the gate door opened and none of us can figure out why or how since we were out with them a half hour earier and it was shut). I received a frantic call routed from Ryan, to Jerry, to Jess, to me (my cell didn't have reception at the mall) to come home. By the time I sat through 100+ lights (seriously, I sat at one red light for 4 or 5 cycles!) and went through every horrible scenario, I received a call that Jerry found her 2 blocks away from our house. I was relieved but still felt sick to my stomach.

The crew went out for dinner at Bubba Gump's and then to Howl at the Moon for some entertainment (or as I like to describe it, off key singing and chair dancing). We were celebrating (if you can call being sad celebrating) the departure of our friends to CO.

Sunday Ryan and I went to the movie Superbad which was not superbad nor supergood. It was funny but I would have waited to rent it. Then we headed home so I could finally tackle some work that I haven't been able to accomplish in the office. In 2 hours, I got done something that has taken me two days in the office to even look at. I seriously need to start working from home without email or phone access. I would be so much more productive-no interruptions.

With that said, we are both tackling some laundry and eventually will cook some dinner. Not very exciting but not too stenuous either. At least with a couple hours of work at home on the weekend, I dread going to work on Monday much less.

3 Comments:

At 7:39 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Jerry and I debated about going to Superbad this afternoon, but then decided we were too lazy to leave the house, so we watched our Netflix order. I read that Superbad is Super Awesome, but you no likey?

 
At 8:10 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Superbad is an extension of Super Troopers; which I didn't find that humorous. The movie was funny but not to die for or rush out and see in my opinion. Although, I have a feeling you will pee your pants with laughter because I did laugh out loud a few times.

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, I saw Super Troopers twice in the theaters when it came out because I thought it was so funny. I heard Superbad was like an uncut version of Freaks and Geeks, which sounds super duper to me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home