Sunday, August 05, 2007

Scam or Poor Service

Well folks, besides being awake with the dogs since 6:30 (thank you Ryan for taking them in and out several times) I have been struggling to fall back into a wonderful state of sleep. When I finally did I received a call from MECU (Motorola Credit Union) trying to verify charges on our credit card. Ryan told me not to give them any info over the phone which I would have because a) I was half asleep and b) I don't take lightly to thieves. (If you remember, someone stole my cell phone number a couple years ago and wracked up a $2000+ phone bill.)

Ryan quickly said, don't give them your info, we know what we bought yesterday (which was a spendy day-Target, Publix, and Crown). The computer voice rolled over to a human and I asked if they could tell me what the charges were first before I gave them info and they said no. So I said ok I am not verifying anything with you. Then she said I could call some Customer Service number. I asked her the number and she said its on the back of your card. Hmm....shouldn't they know that number? Also, why in the hell would anyone call before 9am ET on a Sunday?

The question I beg to ask is "Do I call the service number and check to see what's up?" Ryan says no. We checked our online account and everything we bought yesterday is accurate. I think I should call and see if it was a legit call. If it wasn't, other people could get scammed today.

Anyhow, I am awake now and not happy about it. Maybe I will get some Potter read today. Yesterday we cleaned house and I sharpened my knives. Yes, they worked pretty slick last night on our steak and prawn dinner. Ryan was a grilling machine. I even made some fully cooked twice deviled potatoes. The lightbulbs were purchased and installed and Ryan put in a new shower curtain rod for me and a new toilet seat. So, it was a very productive chore day at the Froyd household. Today will be a day of rest and relaxation.

2 Comments:

At 10:08 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Good to know you got all your chores done. It was a very excellent meal last night and I was especially impressed with the potatoes!

As far as the card goes, if you checked online and everything was right, I wouldn't worry about it further.

 
At 12:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on your credit report though!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home