Saturday, August 25, 2007

Pricey Saturday

Today was a pricey day. I started off by getting a nice new haircut (bye bye length, no more ponies for me). Then I headed to the mall for some shopping. Now here's the thing I hate most about my new hair salon (it relocated after Hurricane Wilma shut down the entire mall it lived in). I used to go every 4-6 weeks for a haircut (when I had short hair) and I always spent a little extra money purchasing a new ensamble to celebrate feeling good about myself. When the hair salon shut down and my stylist moved, she ended up in a crappy strip mall location with a UPS store on one side and a jeweler on the other. It doesn't lend for a quick trip down the hallway to find a store to shop in. So, back to the shopping thing. After my haircut, I headed to the mall in search of a few new things.

I found 2 purses that totaled less than some of the ones I was in love with. I can't justify paying that kind of money for a bag I toss on the floor and change every few months. If I had found a classic black or brown one I might have splurged but instead I found two semi-trendy ones I liked (plus they were on sale). Bought some new fingernail polish and then headed back to Ann Taylor. I found a super cute (I think I have used the word super 10 times now) pin striped pants suit and top to go under the jacket and two more shirts and a nice pair of dress pants. I saw a lot more I liked but they didn't fit perfect (especially at the prices they were asking). I told myself that next month (I have $150 worth of coupons for Sept in that store to use...read the fine print, I have to spend a lot to use that on my next trip) I will reward myself after losing some more weight. I think I am inbetween sizes on tops. They weren't fitting quite right and I hate to buy something too big or too small. I also bought a cute wooden bracelet and earings from some vendor in the center area of the mall. I loved his stuff and would have bought more but I really didn't need it. He had some gorgeous wooden bowls but they were too pretty to hide in a cupboard and I have no where to put them. I almost bought some wooden placemats or coasters but refrained. I think I had done enough damage for one week.

Good thing tomorrow starts a new week. I head to Chicago on Monday and Tuesday night is a free night. Maybe the girl I am going with will want to hit up H & M and some of the other fun shops on Michigan or State Street (I think it's State...).

After I get back, it's full steam ahead to drop the remaining 8 pounds. I think that will put me at a happy weight and the love handles will be minimized or possibly gone! Whoot woo!

2 Comments:

At 8:35 AM , Blogger Jess said...

And the evening didn't necessarily get any cheaper, right? Actually, I think we were all very restrained. It was no Arbonne debacle.

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Very true. I am happy with my purchases and glad it wasn't an Arbonne incident. I learned my "expensive" lesson and won't repeat it again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home