Monday, September 17, 2007

Diet

As many of you know, the hubby and I changed up our eating habits and have been on a "diet" so to speak for many months now. It has been working but I have to say, I sure do miss real food. Here's the deal, god bless Ryan's soul (he's the only one who goes to the grocery store or cooks) but when I got home today and opened the freezer to put my ice pack in, all I could see was Lean Cuisines. Then I opened the fridge and all I could see was yogurt. I like both and am not complaining but for a girl who loves to eat, that was the 2nd most depressing thing today related to food.

This morning, I got up and got ready for work. It took 25 minutes to go about 2 miles today. I swore there had to be a massive accident but no, it was just raining. When I pulled in the parking lot at work I knew that the rain would not be letting up soon. I rummaged in the back seat of my car looking for my umbrella and then in the trunk. No darn umbrella. There were two at home and two in my desk drawer...so I decided to haul ass into the building. I soaked through 2 shirts (white I might add), my pants, my shoes, my socks and my hair was sopping wet (so much for a nice blow job this morning). I peeled off my outer shirt and set it on my chair to dry and put my grandma sweater on to keep warm and shelter my see through shirt. Ok, at this point, I knew my day could only get better, right? Wrong.

Not only did work itself blow but I had warmed up my Lean Cuisine when all of a sudden (much like my Diet Coke) half of it was on the floor of my office. I was on my hands and knees cleaning up rice hoping no one would walk in and laugh at me but also thankful the chicken burrito like lump of sauce didn't land on my shirt or pants. Those things are less than 250 calories and half of it landed on the floor. That was the most depressing part of my day related to food.

I know it was anti-climatic but hey, when Lean Cuisines and yogurt are the highlight of your day...not much can be expected.

4 Comments:

At 7:07 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Good god, I couldn't survive on such limited food selections!

I had a craptastic Monday like that as well. Is the moon affecting the tilt of the earth, or what?

 
At 11:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No doubt, I am with Jess, how can you survive on only frozen meals and yogurt?

There are so many other healthy choices that will fit into your diet plan. Get your butt to the grocery store and get some variety :)!

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

So true but don't forget the little packs of 100 calorie snacks your husband puts together for you...maybe that can be the highlight of your day. Not the 100 cal. packs but the sweet husband who puts them together.

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Am I the only one with the dirty mind today - "so much for the nice blow job this morning"... he he he.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home