Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

We got up this morning and went biking. Today, I cut it short. My feet, legs, and arms were tingly and numb. I felt like poo. Normally they don't start to fall asleep until the last mile or two but today they set in before the 3 mile mark. According to the multiple websites I checked out, it is due to an improper fit on my bike. Hmmm...I think I need to start with a handle bar adjustment and maybe some new shoes. Yes, shoes...supposedly too soft of a sole shoe (tennis shoes) put too much pressure on parts of the foot causing numbness. I have always had this problem so I think I might need to do a little searching for new riding shoes. Maybe with those few adjustments; I can safely increase my mileage and not think I am going to die halfway through the ride.

Althought I only rode 8.5 miles today, I think I am going to take a shower and be a bum all day. Putting the 4th of July on a Wednesday is tough. I can't celebrate too hard, because there are still two more work days left ;) Not to mention we already celebrated last Saturday. It was a great party, food, friends, family, and fireworks!

3 Comments:

At 12:08 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I don't know much about bikes, but from reading others' experiences, I have gathered that the appropriate riding shoe is key. Apparently, your legs can suffer many of the same stress injuries in biking as they can from many other sports if you don't have the right shoe. And, yeah, you probably need to adjust your handlebar if your fingers, etc are going numb. None of that can be good.

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger Jess said...

yat!@ O swllm so good b/c og your perfume!! Yaht!@

Ps, word veribtiation re a be-=atch!!!!!

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Erin said...

That's right,you did smell good but I bet Jerry didn't want to have any of your drunkeness last night :)

You need practice drunk typing my friend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home