Monday, June 25, 2007

LOOOOONG Day!

I headed to the windy city last evening. I checked in to my hotel and then headed out in search of food. Unfortunately, downtown Chicago closes before I even hit the city limits. I found some food at an overpriced restaurant by the hotel and had a quick bite to eat and a couple beers. Then off to bed I went.

Today I was up early, repacked my stuff and was off to the office. It was a chaotic Monday with trying to train a new person but being back in the hectic grind I call work (playing catch up on ALL projects after the 2 week fire drill project I was put on) was a bit too much. I didn't get anything done today.

I hauled butt from work to the Apartment and logged in 2 minutes late for my final seminar tonight. I ended that 15 minutes early, finished some grading some late assignments, and then started tackling my neglected email. I made it up to about 1 or 2pm today and will finish the rest in the morning.

I had hoped to get more training stuff together for my new hire but ran out of steam. I didn't go on any adventures tonight (I ate some noodles I brought and a 100 calorie snack pack for dinner). Tomorrow night I am going exploring. From my window, I could see a huge NY and Company store a block away and there is a GIANT Macy's across the street. The security guards told me there are tons of great restaurants around here too. Whoot Woo!

Anyhow, I am exhausted and my eyes are blurry. Goodnight!

2 Comments:

At 7:20 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Hopefully you get to have some fun between so much work!

 
At 10:59 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Some of the girls are taking me out Thursday after work to a Belgian Bar. Should be fun.

Tonight I plan on hitting some stores near the apartment. Less work, more shopping! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home