Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Interesting week so far

Monday was a carry over of the "mission critical" job I have been working on at work for a week now. I was told to drop everything and focus on this one thing. I was allowed to cancel many meetings. Although this project is stressing me out and making my mind hurt from all the planning and details...It has been kind of nice. Yeah, I know that doesn't make sense but let's just say I have been able to focus on 2 main projects and a few emails. The only meetings I have been in are related to those two projects and I have had actual work time. I am crossing my fingers that once my new hire is up to speed, my work days will go back to this kind of work day.

On another note, we had our second to last seminar on Monday and my class is so funny. We had an interesting topic to talk about (no more boring accounting, finance, or economics). We talked about information technology. I have one more seminar to teach next week. I am going to miss teaching a little. It is fun and reinforces why I love what I do. I won't miss all of the silly hoops I have to jump through though. (and grading...I totally sympathize with Jess).

Monday night the hubby cooked a great "well balanced" meal for our diet and after teaching I lifted some weights. Then I enjoyed Hell's Kitchen. Tonight I managed to squeeze in a HOT and BUGGY (no not muggy, buggy) walk. I will probably lift again since I am so weak, it is more like cardio than strength building.

I apologize for the long diatribe but just wanted to let some of you know it is only Tuesday but last week on Tuesday, I was praying for it to be Friday. The last two days haven't been as bad as last week (knock on wood).

2 Comments:

At 7:23 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Hopefully the rest of the week goes just as smoothly, so you can come to bowling on Thursday and have some beers!

 
At 8:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you guys are Hell's Kitchen fans, that has to be the best show on tv this summer!

Also, glad to hear the work week is going better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home