Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday Morning Bike Ride

We didn't go at 7am because it was so foggy we feared we would get hit by a car or disappear in the mist. So we went around 10 when the sun was up and the air was a little more clear. We actually cut the ride shorter than what was mapped out but it ended up being 9.5 miles anyways. It was nice riding on a newly paved road but then we had to start using sidewalks. I hate turning those sharp little corners where the "ramp" area is. I have a large fear of biffing it (and have a bike history to prove the fear is warranted). I think I will have a sunburn more than sore legs tomorrow. My arms are a little tired from holding my body up but all in all, good work out. I am sure the hubby would have pedalled faster but I like to keep a nice controlled speed. I think we averaged 14 mph on the straight road but the up and down, stoplight plagued parts were around 12 mph.

Time to hop in the shower and get the day moving.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Ugh, wasn't it hot out there? I just got back from errands, and I'm all sweaty in the pits!

 
At 1:10 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Hey, I didn't "tag" you because I wasn't sure if you'd want to pass it along, but if you want to consider yourself "tagged" for "6 weird things about yourself" have at it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home