Friday, June 08, 2007

Sucked Ass

Yeah, that's right. I had this high hope that I might not suck at bowling this year. My first game I was the lowest score but I bowled a 90. That made me feel pretty optimistic until game 2. It was all down hill after that. I even refrained from drinking during the first game to make sure I stayed focused. When I finally broke 40 in the 7th or 8th frame of game 2...I decided maybe the beer would help me. Nah, it didn't help. I officially sucked ass last night. Game 2 had a score in the 70s and game 3 in the 80s. Uff!

On another note, I warned the girls I was near meltdown and might just cry at some point in the night for no reason at all. Well, I did and I would like to remind a certain someone (reads my blog but never posts...you know who you are) that it wasn't anything you said. It was all about timing. The poor hubby got the full hours worth of sobbing once we got home. The emotional roller coaster has slowed down but the ride isn't completely over. I just braved a similar conversation with my boss and told her I was ready to crack. Luckily, she is a lot like me and told me not to stress so much and to take a step back.

In taking a step back, I am blogging on company time. I spent the first hour of my day doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. I didn't surf the net, I didn't answer emails, I just sat here and stared at my computer. It was glorious. If this is what the rest of you call work, I kinda like it! :)

6 Comments:

At 9:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU! I'M SORRY! I THINK YOU'RE PERFECT THE WAY YOU ARE! I'M SORRY IF I OF ALL PEOPLE SAID SOMETHING TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS.
:( ON A SIDE NOTE, I LOVE YOUR B**BS, AND I HAVE FAT ARMS IF IT HELPS (NOT TO MENTION THE KILLER CELLULITE I'VE RECENTLY NOTICED ON MY LEGS). THATS RIGHT WORLD!

 
At 9:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you should rewatch Office Space, that movie might reach you on a more profound level now that you work in cubicle hell that it has in the past.

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Jess said...

You cried? Good lord, I was drunk.

At least you didn't tell your husband you were gonna "break his fucking teeth!" (He was bugging me; that's my excuse for such a good night salutation.)

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger Erin said...

LOL!

All great advice. Ms. Anonymous, you know I know it wasn't anything you said.

Hubby, excellent idea. Saturday night, it's a date!

Jess, you, drunk? Never.

 
At 10:15 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

I agree with your wise husband. You must learn Office Space Zen: work just hard enough not to get fired.

That's the only way to deal with corporations.

 
At 7:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with all the tears. You pregnant?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home