Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Walking Machine

I was able to free myself from the grips of work before 5pm yesterday. Made the call to the walking partner and before you could listen to a whole cd (FL traffic, what can I say) we were off with the hounds. Annie decided she hadn't seen Scooter for a whole whopping 2 days and it was if it had been years. She wanted to pull me most of the first mile which causes a great arm/back workout. After the half way mark she settled a little. Then right before our house the monster that lives behind the fence came snarling at her. She thinks its fun to act tough in front of Scooter so she had to pull me over to the fence and show she could growl and snarl just like that ugly monster. Dang dogs. Then we dropped them off and went for a quicker paced walk. I think we put in close to 5 miles yesterday. My legs are very tired today but I feel pretty good.

The hubby made fajitas while I hopped in the shower. It was tempting to eat a ton of them because they were yummy but I didn't. I even passed on an ice cold beer. Yeah, I know. Pretty amazing for the girl that has no self control.

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I wish I had practiced self-restraint like that this evening: I just had a burrito that probably weighed as much as a Volkswagon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home