Friday, February 23, 2007

Back to School...

I am taking a moment to return to the original topic/purpose of my blog. Education.

On the eve of official graduation, I have applied to teach for the School of Business. Yes, my few months without extra work or a hobby, as I liked to call my time in school, have been nice but I need to gain some experience if I ever plan to use this degree. My application is in, I have requested a copy of my official transcript, and already spoken to HR. I am allowed to teach 2 classes per year since I am already a full time employee here. If I want to teach more, I have to get Dean and Provost approval. I have a feeling 2 terms out of 5 per year will be more than enough on top of my current position.

This is really horrible to say as I watch family members and friends struggle to get classes to teach but for once I am the recipient of great networking skills. I have little to any doubt I won't be hired on as an adjunct. Reason being I have worked super closely with the Department Chair, the Assistant Dean of Faculty, and the Dean. And...they keep asking me when I am going to apply. Sounds pretty promising, doesn't it?

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Graduation Day! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home