Monday, February 26, 2007

Graduation Weekend

It's official. I walked across the stage (without tripping) and received a handshake from the President of the University. For attending several of my own graduations, friend's graduations, and even one from our school last July, I was a bundle of nerves. I was excited and anxious. We had a fabulous speaker (Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of Newsweek) and it went quickly. Did I mention I didn't trip? The only potential embarrassing point was after we first sat down and I noticed my zipper on my gown had broken and was opening up from the bottom. I watched it closely and it didn't go more than a couple inches up. Crisis adverted.

The hubby and I threw a party and our close friends and parents came. It was a good time and a great way to say goodbye to the month of February. If you haven't noticed, I haven't been a very consistent poster. We had mega plans every weekend this month and for 3 out of 4 weekends, we had guests at our house. It was great seeing everyone but from now on, I am spreading out the parties and guests. I am exhausted.

Thank you to everyone for supporting me during the last year with this crazy hobby called school. It was fun and I am glad I finished. Now, the next adventure is completing my training and teaching a couple terms before the end of the year on top of working. I am sure you are asking why I would do this to myself but I need the experience.

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Yeah! You're done -- officially! Why you've decided to immediately take up more work is beyond me, but whatever makes you happy (apparently stress makes you happy)!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home