Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dt. Coke

I think I am addicted to Dt. Coke. Part of me thinks this is an ok addiction. There aren't any calories and the caffeine isn't too much (well, some days it is just one or two but today I think I had a little too much although...my heart isn't racing). You don't hear serial killers say "Dt. Coke" made me do it. How about car accidents...never heard too much Dt. Coke to blame.

I have heard rumors that it is unhealthy for you. Is it bad for you? I am not sure. I figure one day I will find the time to look the facts up but the only reason I consider it to possibly be bad is that it is replacing a drink that I could be consuming that had added health benefits-like wine or milk. I can hear you snickering that I listed wine first. Yes, the sodium content is high but I already said I like salt more than sweets.

This may be the Dt. Coke talking or the fact that it has been a very long day at work, but I think I am in love with Dt. Coke and not just addicted or infatuated. I don't hear people saying that about Dt. Pepsi (other than Jess).

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Yes, I am addicted to my Dt. Pepsi. Dt. Coke tastes to me like A.) It has rum in it, even when it doesn't and I don't like the taste of rum, and B.) It has a hint of banana flavor to it as well, which I find disgusting. Although, I drink it in fountain form at restaurants -- if there's no Dt. Pepsi.

But, I know all too well about the addiction to soda. I used to love, love, love Mt. Dew, but I weened myself off of that. At least diet soda doesn't have calories -- just that naty aspartame, which will supposedly be the death of us (personally, I see myself being eaten by sharks before aspartame kills me).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home