Monday, December 11, 2006

Working from home

Working from home is a great break every once and a while. I woke up this morning dreading going to work. I had a ton of data entry to do and honestly, once I am at work, my day goes to hell rather quickly when people can stop by my cube, call me, aim me, email me, and in general bug the heck out of me. So today I made an executive decision to work from home. I emailed my boss at the crack of dawn and told him this. He said "ok." I accomplished more in my first two hours of work than I normally do in 10 hours at the office. I didn't spend 2 hours in the car or take an hour long lunch. It was glorious and I even paid bills, did 2 loads of laundry, and cleaned up the house.

It is 5 minutes to 5 and I feel great. I not only got a ton of work done but I am far less stressed than normal. I am actually looking forward to going back to the office tomorrow. Strange how one successful day makes up for weeks and months of torture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home