Saturday, December 02, 2006

and it's up!

That's right folks, the Christmas tree, decorations, and outside lights are up! I love the feeling of a decorated house but man, it sure is a lot of work. This year I was rather speeding (at least I think) in putting the tree up. I was thinking while I was putting 8 or 9 strings of lights up how I would really like a pre-lit tree for next year but...will it have enough lights? I would hate to purchase one and then add more to it. I was also thinking about how one day our kids may not even know what stringing the lights is like.

I had a casualty this year too. My decorations have survived a move from MN and some are 28 years old now. Well, last year I had an adorable soap dispenser. I thought I had it sitting up right and that it was almost empty. Obviously I was mistaken. It leaked on a few things and destroyed itself and them. One was a christmas tin that was my grandma's so that was a sad moment to discover the soap ate through the bottom of it! The other were 2 out 3 candles that I love and have not been able to replace. Oh well...great excuse to buy some new decorations this year.

To continue with the Christmas spirit, we are going ice skating for my birthday tonight. I am so pumped. I haven't been on the ice in over 2 years (I skated for close to 20 years prior to moving to FL). I am sure there will be some fun stories. I will blog about it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home