Friday, December 08, 2006

Wrapping Presents

I have decided there is a chore just about as tedious and hateful as ironing. It is called wrapping presents. Every year I am excited to wrap the presents I purchase for friends and family. I suck at it. I don't have the patience, proper wrapping space, or cool tools and supplies. I start out with good intentions but after 3 hours of wrapping I get frustrated. I know, I should do it in smaller chunks just like my ironing but by the time you take out the supplies, clear out a space and start working on it, it would seem counter productive to only wrap one or two presents. Anyhow, all of the presents purchased to date have been wrapped. I have a few people left to buy for. At least I know what I am getting some of them. I have two main people that I am coming up clueless on. One is my dear sweet hubby who only likes expensive toys and the other is my mother in-law. Normally these are two of the easier people to buy for but this year...I am spinning my wheels.

3 Comments:

At 9:20 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I love wrapping presents! My love for it can be traced back to childhood when my parents used to have me wrap nearly all the gifts (except my own, and I always wished I could wrap them because my mom sucks at wrapping and mine always looked like crap).

Wrapping gifts just puts me in the holiday spirit -- you gotta do one of two things: put on some holiday music and sing along while you wrap, or: put in "Christmas Vacation" and laugh while you wrap.

If this doesn't work, I suggest incorporating wine with wrapping. And if that doesn't work, I am available for $25 an hour:)

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger Erin said...

I think I may need a tutorial on wrapping. Ryan get's mad because I like to put things in bags but this year I only used 2!

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

that's why I use either newspaper or kmart bags.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home