Monday, November 20, 2006

NASCAR weekend

Saturday's trial run at smoking a turkey worked quite well for Ryan. We had a feast with leftovers for turkey sandwiches; which we brought to the race with us on Sunday.

Race Day was pretty good. It was sooo much cooler than the past few years. It was beautiful! No sweating or melting. Drank a ton, snacked, watched the race, got our exercise in from walking through the haulers and up and down the bleachers to go to the bathroom, and it was a decent race. The final few laps weren't as nail biting intense but it was still fun.

Today was a rough day. I didn't sleep well last night and was basically awake since 3am. The sick feeling I had wasn't a hangover so that made it even worse. It is almost 24 hours since we left the track last night and I still feel icky. I hope I am not getting sick. I have 15 people to feed on Thursday!

Now that it has cooled down, I am in the mood for holiday shopping and decorating. I have to gather some ideas from friends and family and then brave the crowds. I like the idea of Christmas shopping but feel like I always end up settling on presents for people. My great ideas fizzle because I run out of time and get in a panic to buy for everyone. Not to mention there is no MN nice here and the people and clerks make me angry. I am hoping to start going to a couple stores a night and knock some items off my list. I have to get the presents that require shipping done soon. Luckily most of the family's presents are going with us in the car this year.

2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, we got in the holiday spirit tonight and put up our tree. We'll see how long some of those ornaments last on the bottom branches.

 
At 8:10 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh boy...I forgot about the wagging tails and cat swats. I think I will put ours up after Thanksgiving. I like the fall decor I have and it isn't up very long so I am making it last.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home