Sunday, December 10, 2006

Work Holiday Party

We had the pre-party and luckily all the people that said they were coming didn't all show because we had just enough room for everyone to sit and mingle comfortably. I had a couple glasses of wine to get the party going and then we headed over to Wannado City.

Now, everyone including myself, had some reservations about having our Holiday party at Wannado City. It is a kids place in the mall where parents pay $30 a kid to drop them off and let them wander around this "city" where they can play and do what they want to do. Let me just say it was so much better than the Science Museum last year! The place itself is really cool. We had multiple food and drink stations scattered around the city. Places to sit and people watch, tables to eat at, music, gambling, and many activities that we did not participate in. There was no slipping through the crowd and rubbing up against people when you tried to move like last year and there were no lines to use the bathrooms! (I heard the men's room had little urinals but the ladies had standard toilets). I drank a fair share but didn't hit the level of drunkeness that I did last year. All and all, a good party but thank goodness we are done with all of them for this year. I am partied out.

Today is going to be a lazy Sunday. I plan on reading some magazines, watching some dvd's, and basically being a sloth. The shopping can wait until the week nights when there are less crazies at the mall. In fact, yesterday in my search for a new pair of shoes I resorted to walking outside the perimeter of Sawgrass because I was ready to start hip checking people out of my way. For God's sake people-MOVE when you are strolling the aisles. If you are going to stop, move to the side. Also, this is America, we drive and walk on the right hand side of the streets and hallways. If you bump into me and I almost crush an old lady, don't pretend like I didn't feel it-say excuse me or I'm sorry in English, then keep moving. Tis the season to hate all mall shoppers.

1 Comments:

At 12:29 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Isn't every season the season to hate mall shoppers?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home