Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Blogger, where art tho?

or however that goes? Sorry for the long hiatus everyone. I have been pulling long days at work and then coming home to eat a crappy Lean Cuisine and head to the mall. So far, I have my sister's Xmas present accounted for and a long sense of "why?" related to me trying to find a dress that fits for our Xmas party.

Last year, it was an awful experience. I wanted a cute dress, I had gained a lot of weight, and nothing fit. This year, I weigh the same but I had less expectations since I haven't changed since last year. Last night, I stopped in a few stores as I was Xmas shopping. I tried on about 4 dresses in one store that "sorta" fit. It seemed promising so I decided to keep looking. First mistake...a wrong turn at Sawgrass Mills Mall. Just think about the Mall of America in Minnesota and then have a few drinks and redraw a whacky floor plan that does not loop around but requires back tracking. I find myself pushing to make the mall closing at one other store, stuff my tank top in my purse and button my shirt and head out. Well, I took a wrong turn somewhere or ventured into an area I normally don't visit. The mall closes at 9:30 and at 9:31 I called my hubby stating I was lost! He thought I was outside and said head towards Home Depot. I was inside so that didn't help and I had no desire to walk the perimeter in the dark by myself. Luckily, they don't kick you out at 9:30 so I was able to haul ass back through the mall (third time down some halls) and get to my car.

With that in mind, tonight I decided I would go back and hit some of the stores I missed because of the time crunch. For some reason, they were far less attractive tonight and I was much more depressed after my half attempt at finding a dress. For one thing...I am not 18 anymore. Cute dresses on models do not equal good looking on Erin. I picked out an adorable skirt, asked a clerk what matched it and was told that was a DRESS! If I held it up to my chest, there is no way it would clear my butt and it was a large! It must have been made for fat girls that were hit over the head and compacted or something. I did enter a store with a plethora of options but they were too rich for my price range. I can't justify spending more than $100 on a dress I will wear once. Last year I lucked out because I had a wedding and was able to wear the dress twice.

So...no new hobby but look forward to my wardrobe, dress finding, search. Hopefully Xmas shopping for family and friends is less traumatic.

2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Did you stop by Forever 21? They have tons of dresses and they're pretty cheap.

Secondly, you're a much more faithful blogger than your husband!

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I only saw one in there and it was closing time so I bribed the lady to let me try it on and then had to skiddaddle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home