Thursday, December 14, 2006

Long Week

Monday I had worked from home and it was glorious. I accomplished so much. So far it is only Thursday morning and I want to go home and back to bed. We have been crazy busy and with the holiday (read that VACATION!!!) approaching I have even more things to get done before we leave next week. The kicker is I actually said NO yesterday to a request from someone very high up the totem pole. Yep, I flat out said "I am sorry I can not assist you in this project. I have too many projects on my plate right now and would not be able to meet your timeline or deliver a fully researched project." Guess what, the sky didn't open and lightening didn't strike me! My boss was on the phone and got stuck having to do part of the work that I nicely declined. I thought he would be mad but he actually thanked me for saying no and letting people know that we are over worked right now and the deadlines are unrealistic that they push on us. So, that was a nice way to end another 12 hour day.

On a happier note, I am almost done with my shopping. Just the hubby mainly. I need to get a few "emergency" gifts for when we go visit people who pull out the gift for you and you hope you have something in your purse or car so it doesn't look like you were unprepared. That is the part I hate about the holidays. Guilt always takes over and I feel like I have to reciprocate for every gift I receive. Does anyone else have this dilemma or is it just my mother and I?

Goals for this week:
finish shopping and wrapping
ironing
start packing

Small but large tasks in my world. I will let you know how it goes.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Good for you for saying "no." Why accept work that can't be done on time or in a satisfactory manner? They need to get you some help and maybe this will force the higher ups to realize that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home