Saturday, October 07, 2006

Multi-tasking-does it make you crazy?

Yesterday I worked from home (my new dining room table and chairs were delivered-they look fabulous!). Since I was at home, I decided I would do a little laundry, straighten up the house, and work on my homework while keeping up with work emails and phone calls. I was very productive but by about 3:00pm yesterday, I was starting to think too much multi-tasking can make a person nuts. For instance, I had both computers running with different things on them. I literally was typing a paper and then lifting the screen on my laptop to check for incoming emails. It was funny because I would start to type on my keyboard and then wonder why I couldn't see the text on my laptop. I also had two "mice" next to each other and kept getting those confused. I know that it was counter productive in one sense but it broke up the monotony of writing. I had to laugh at myself a couple times.

The best news was that I finally submitted my EPP (electronic portfolio presentation) for graduation. Even though I know it wasn't that big of a deal, getting that submitted was like a weight was lifted. I have to proof a paper today and then there are only 3 remaining. I plan on getting at least one rough draft done for 1 of the 3 this weekend and possibly a second. It is finally coming together...I can see the light!

1 Comments:

At 8:19 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

it's a wonderful feeling, seeing that light.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home