Friday, August 30, 2013

New Routine

With Miller in kindergarten, we have had to switch up the morning routine. It's been 2 weeks and I think we are getting it figured out.

For Ryan, he still gets up at the same time. If anything has changed it's that he no longer has to pack cold lunch for Miller two days a week. Most days Mason is up before the alarm goes off but if not, he gets the same wakeup call he used to when we left for school at 6:45. Miller would sleep later but has discovered if he gets up at the same time, eats and gets dressed, he has time to watch tv or play.

Me, well my world has flipped. I am getting up earlier and running at 6am 3 days a week. Then I try to sneak in a shower while the kids watch tv but it never fails that Mason wants to wrestle, play, interrupt my shower, etc. Oh well, at least I get to hose off. Looks like I now get cold lunch duty (can't complain too much as long as we have something to pack). Then we rush out the door for the drop-off process.

The nice part of it is I get to actually see the kids in the morning (even though it's a little crazy). I think we might have convinced Ryan to bring Mason to school every Friday at his normal time so I can walk Miller to school. He really likes walking over and so do I. Today we had time to color a picture before leaving for school. Since he loses out on the one on one time he used to get in the evenings (Mason no longer goes to bed first) it's a nice time together.

Just when we get this routine down, it will be time to change again. LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home