Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mason's Free...

...for the taking. We are at the hour mark of nonstop screaming. We know he's hungry since he didn't eat dinner but he won't eat or drink anything. All he says is no in between sobs. Nothing will soothe him. He says he wants to be held then wants down. He wants water then throws it on the floor.

I am sure we had nights like this with Miller but I certainly don't remember them being this stressful. Mason is a force. All the Sladky and Froyd stubborn genes have been rolled into one 35lb 22 month old.

I am tired. Ryan is tired. Annie is tired. Jazzy is tired. Mason is tired...the only saving grace, Miller is sleeping through the drama. Ryan is now attempting the "drive around the neighborhood" with Mason. I see they just pulled back in. I don't hear screaming but they haven't gotten out of the car yet. Wish us luck. Tomorrow is going to be a rough one.


3 Comments:

At 6:38 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Mason screamed and carried on until 12:30am which is when I threw him in the car. We drove up to Sawgrass Expressway, over to 95, down to 595, back up Sawgrass, and then home. He finally fell asleep at a little after 1am. We got home at 1:30 and he went to bed with minimal drama.

He was up at 5:15. He better have gotten all of this out of his system because if this continues, he is getting put in a box and shipped to Alaska to live with the bears.

 
At 10:59 AM , Blogger Jess said...

That really stinks that he had such a rough night!

The only consolation is that you're not alone: all kids seem to wax and wane with their sleep, and they all have their difficult phases. It'll pass.

This morning, I woke up in bed with Norah, Caleb, and Scooter, but no Jerry! He'd relocated to the couch.

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I am not looking forward to that again. Jace had two rough weeks in May and I was at the end of my rope and I wasn't working on top of it! Hope you all start sleeping peacefully again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home