Friday, July 19, 2013

Return to Running (and other randoms)

Ryan and I decided to kick up the ol' get back in shape, be healthier routine this week. I knew it was time to get back into running because as much as I dislike it; I did feel much better when doing it regularly.

So Monday I started out with a very brisk paced 2.25 mile walk. I assumed I would walk this week and run next week. Then the evil rain set in and ruined my Wednesday plan. When the sun was poking through the clouds this morning and it wasn't raining, I decided skip walking, let's see what this out of shape body can handle. I ran a mile and walked about another 1.5. Not too bad. I kept the run under 10 minutes which means I haven't slowed down too much. I just couldn't go any further. Reality-much easier to fall out of shape than into it. Oh well, you have to start somewhere, right?

The other random weighing on my mind has been seeing everyone enjoying summer up north. I have been wanting a real vacation (no kids, no work) for probably a year now. We keep pushing it back for various reasons. I need to seriously buckle down and plan something before I explode. In the meantime, we got a babysitter for Saturday night.

Although having a babysitter and a night out tomorrow won't cure my vacation desire, it should at least put a smile on my face to have some adult time without worrying about what the kids are doing. I just wish the babysitter was coming at 6am and staying through next week!

After reading this post (I keep getting interrupted) I realize it is far from stellar writing. Maybe I will make up for it later with some pics of the kids or a recap of our date night tomorrow. Until then, feel free to give me some good vacation ideas.

3 Comments:

At 6:22 PM , Anonymous Kevin said...

We went to Minnesota for the 4th of July...6 glorious days of no internet, phone, email, nothing. Just boating, fishing, golfing, campfires, swimming, etc...too bad for you, HAHA

 
At 11:35 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I wish you guys were up here on the lake with us!

 
At 12:21 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Nice job on the running return!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home