Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Saturday was filled with chores and errands but topped off by a delightful date night with Jess and Jerry (Ryan too). We tried the Yard House at Gulfstream Park (per a co-workers recommendation). It was great. We had good food, drink, and conversation. Best of all, we didn't have to argue with anyone to sit down, eat their supper, hurry up and finish their supper, or did I mention sit down?

I say it every time we get a sitter but we really do need to do this more often. The kids did well with the sitter and even slept in a little for us on Sunday (and Sunday is my day to "sleep in" so double score on that one!).

Sunday was more errands and chores. We bought Miller's school supplies. It wasn't as fun as I had anticipated. The list is rather strict and the things I thought we could splurge on they didn't even have at Target (for example, pencils with designs!). Oh well, he still had fun and got a new thermos. Luckily he still likes his backpack so there was no battle or decision to be made on that one.

We followed up in the afternoon with a trip to Kohl's to get some uniform shirts. Luckily at this new school it's a polo in red, white or navy. Much easier to find and cheaper than his daycare uniform. I will bring him back for some new shorts and pants later. For now, he's good.

Lastly, we started watching Star Wars 1: The Phantom Menace on Friday with Uncle Jon. Man, that movie is terrible. I can recite the original 3 and recall a ton of details. The newer 3; let's just say I watched them once and don't recall much at all. Miller keeps asking us questions but we honestly don't know the answers since it was like watching it for the first time again.

1 Comments:

At 4:16 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Yeah, Uncle Jon and I aren't fan of those either. I mean whose idea was Jar Jar Binks?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home