Thursday, February 28, 2013

Head Cold

I have to count my blessings that this house has only been plagued by nasty colds recently. In my defense though, I have a mother of all head colds. I don't recall the last time I was this congested. I can relate to the ads where the head is in a vise and it feels like it's going to explode.

Today I wondered how much snot the human body produces with a cold? I may have to look that up. It seems like I have honked out gallons of clear liquid.

One last question for you who are still reading this; does anyone else get a little satisfaction when the green/yellow stuff comes out (coughing or blowing your nose)? I always feel that's a good sign I am on the road to recovery.


3 Comments:

At 10:56 AM , Blogger Jess said...

The last 2 colds I've had I've had copious amounts of snot. And, yes, it is satisfying blowing it all out.

Mucinex is helpful.

 
At 1:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a Neti Pot. That helps with the congestion. Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 3:05 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

The kids have been trading colds ever since the New Year - even Jon caught their bug. I've remained cold free - knock on wood!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home