Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 2 of a Long Weekend

In the morning, Ryan took Miller and headed out to do some grocery shopping. I took Mason and headed to Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. We were on a mission but didn't find what we were looking for. Oh well, all of the boys got new t-shirts (Mason = Thomas, socks too, Miller = Power Rangers*, Ryan = The Goonies, we watched the movie the other night with Miller).

During what should have been nap time for Mason (he really struggles on the weekends and usually only does an hour before a poop interrupts and it's all bets off after that) I headed outside to do some yard work. I trimmed the topiary; it was out of control. I think I trimmed at least 6 inches off the top!. Then I cut back some front bush things and weeded until I got grossed out and scared of what was lurking in the depths that I couldn't see. It was a good 2.5 hours of outside time for me.

The kids played outside and had more than their fair share of tv this weekend. I hate to admit we resorted to tv time with them but since they were fighting colds and sickness, it was the only way to get them to rest and chillout.

On weekends, Miller gets to watch a movie with Ryan and I. It usually takes 2 nights to finish it so last night we started Swiss Family Robinson. I guess I am the only adult who has never seen it. It was pretty good and Miller really likes it so far. 

*Neither Ryan or I "get" Power Rangers. It is the worst show in the world and yet Miller loves it. I can't figure that one out and hope it's a phase that moves through quickly. Super heroes, fireman, trains, etc. all are much better in comparison.

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sorry we couldn't get together. We'll reschedule when the kids are feeling better!

 
At 8:13 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I don't think I've ever seen Power Rangers, but I can tell you that some of the Barbie movies will turn your brain to mush quicker than drugs.

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

I've only seen one episode of Power Rangers and that was enough. It is pretty bad, although I do think Teletubbies is the dumbest thing ever created.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home