Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Back to Running

Monday I laced up my shoes and headed out to try this running thing again. I ran a mile and decided that was enough for a first day back. Part of me had hoped to go for 2 miles but my lungs were not having it. My legs were tired but could have gone a little further.

Today I ran again and only went a little further. I am keeping with the slowly increase your distance theory. Not sure there is any merit to it but it got me a little further down the road today than on Monday.

I am not in a hurry to get back my distance or have any goal in mind other than just being able to consistently run a 5K distance again. I think I have a side goal of increasing my distance to be 5 miles at a time but right now, that's not at the top of the list.

Oh well, I can't complain too much. I got out there and did it. It's a start.

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Just getting back to it is usually the toughest part! Congrats on your running return!

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

I agree with Jess. Those first few runs after a break are always rough but once they are done, you'll find your running atride again. Enjoy those perfect running temps!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home