Monday, January 07, 2013

New Year's Recap

New Years went off without a bang which is actually the best way to celebrate the new year. No drama, no hangovers, no unpleasant attitudes from the kids or Ryan and I. Nice and low key.

The kids (us too) had a play date with the Higgins/Malecha clan and some snacks/appetizers on Christmas Eve. We were home before 7pm to put Mason to bed. Miller got to stay up and watch Star Wars with us. He was super excited and kept up with the show pretty well. We had to explain bits and pieces but he liked it. Of course, he and I fell asleep with less than 30 minutes remaining in the movie so we got to watch the end the next morning. Even Mason liked the final flight/fight scene where they blew up the Death Star.

Ryan and I had debated on staying up until midnight but decided against it. We were in bed before 10:30. I never even cracked my bottle of champagne. We are so lame. Oh well...maybe in a few years when the kids can get their own breakfast and sleep in past 6am...

New Years Day we headed to the park to play with Norah and Caleb. We hit up two parks that morning. Talk about lucky kids.

I tried to return to running but after 2 short runs, my ankle hurt again. I took this past week off from running but am bound and determined to get back on it next week. If it still hurts, I will suck it up and go to the doctor. I may have to start riding bike and we all know how terrible I am at that. I think there is a greater chance of serious injury with me on a bike, on the roads down here. Yikes!

I am off to Tulsa for work this week. Hopefully my flights are uneventful and so is the work portion. I am ready for things to return a slower pace at work. The last few months have been accelerated crazy. I like being busy but things have been a little too busy.

4 Comments:

At 11:49 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Replace Christmas Eve with New Years Eve. Ugh! I wish these two holidays were more than a week apart!

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Have a good trip!

 
At 10:50 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Go.To.The.Doctor.

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

If you go to the doc for yours, I'll go to the doc for mine :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home