Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentines Day Froyd Style

I think most people agree when I say Valentines Day is a bunch of unnecessary hub-bub. Ryan and I have always agreed that I like flowers on any other day of the year because it means more. He also knows I am not a red rose lover, a heart shaped anything jewelry person, and not a big chocolate eater. He scored big time with me, didn't he?

Our style is more like us- he bought me a bottle of jalapeno vodka earlier this week. He made us lobster tail dinner on Sunday for all of us to enjoy together. I continue to let him play an hour of guitar every evening. Yep, that's how we roll.

We do get each other cards each year. Sometime they are sappy but most of the time they are humorous.

As for the kids, I think it's more fun. Miller and Mason made cards for Ryan and their teachers. Sorry Grandparents, you got store bought this year. Miller signed all of his cards and was excited to deliver them to his friends at school. Of course I am the lame parent that sent cutie oranges with Mason's and pencils with Miller's. The kids get so much candy it's ridiculous.

I did get each kid a gift, made them each a card, and put a cute balloon at their seat yesterday for breakfast. Seeing how excited they were was awesome and melted my heart. Of course I didn't take a picture but trust me, two cute boys in their pjs with wild hair and a smile on their face...precious.

I don't need February 14th to remind me I have the best husband and sweetest boys on earth. 


1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I kind of feel both ways about V-day. On the one hand, I get the cynicism because it feels like a forced holiday (I feel, though, that New Year's Eve is even more forced), but on the other hand, I also get the romanticism because, well, it's romantic.

We did the ever-so-romantic closing on our re-fi, which was definitely something worth celebrating.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home