Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 1 of a Long Weekend

What I thought would be a difficult weekend (don't jinx yourself, don't jinx yourself...) has been going ok so far. Both kids are fighting off colds. Mason has the runny nose thing going on and Miller has a terrible cough. Luckily, it means they are both content to watch a little more tv than normal and leave us to get some chores done.

Ryan, Miller and I each had a list of things we would like to get accomplished this weekend. Some of mine included a little yard work. Today it's raining so it has forced me to do some things I have been itching to do but just didn't want to. You know, cleaning the junk drawer, the wine drawer, the closets, the cupboard under the bathroom sink, etc. I know no one will ever see or care but after a certain point, I hit the breaking point. You can only shove so much stuff in a drawer and pretend the house is clean.

Ryan's been out in the garage fixing / building some new shelves that are level and better lighting for him. I noticed he too started cleaning out some drawers that no one will ever look in but it's nice to be organized. In fact, when he checked on my progress, he asked if I found any treasures I had forgotten about. The answer was no but I did find some stuff I bought and stashed for the kids.

Time to get back to work. Hopefully the rest of the weekend continues to be productive yet not a mad dash to get things done.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home