Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 3 of the Long Weekend

Day 3 was pretty uneventful. We had most of our chores done so it was a kid focused day. Miller and I painted his treasure chest he got for Christmas. He did a pretty good job and it reminded me how much I miss doing crafty things. Too bad I don't have a craft room...or maybe it's a good thing I don't have a craft room. :)

The kids continued to watch too much tv but both kids did a pretty good job kicking their colds. Their coughs are subsiding and sound much better. I, on the other hand, have a terrible sore throat and my ears hurt. I hope I can kick it and it doesn't develop into strep. Ish!

Moving on from day 3...one item on my chore list was to cancel a subscription to "Elmo's Learning Adventures." Man, what a racket. I did a similar mail order with Dr. Seuss books for Miller. This one was much more aggressive and I honestly paid for more than I anticipated purchasing. Today when I tried to cancel, they put me through the ringer with several terrible options other than just cancelling. I know why they outsource because the lady on the phone had a thick accent that made the already scripted conversation even harder to follow. In the end, I have one last ridiculous shipment coming. They tried to tell me I am 5 away from completing the set, blah blah blah. I don't care. Just quit sending them. Then they tried to get me to pay for the shipment that is on it's way via credit card.

I had to catch myself while talking to the customer service agent. I knew she had to read the script and try to prevent me from cancelling. I made sure I was as polite but firm as could be and did thank her at the end for taking my call. Glad that ones over.

1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Those kinds of chores are the worst: Cancelling or changing ANYthing is such a giant pain, and I always procrastinate.

We wanted to change our Comcast DVR service, and I procrastinated for almost a year! And, when I did get to it, I had to spend 30 minutes on the phone, AND still go to a service center and spend an hour there! The only good outcome of that was that the dude at the service center turned out to be awesome, and I ended up getting an extended package for $30 a month cheaper!

So, I guess, in the long run the waiting and hassle were worth it, but still, what a pain! Companies don't endear their customers with making it so difficult.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home