Friday, August 17, 2012

Couch to 5K Status

I just wrapped up week 6 of the Couch to 5K training plan. I am surprised with myself for sticking with this. Today's run consisted of the 5 minute walk warmup and 22 minutes of straight running. I think I might have mentioned that the plan gives you the choice of time increments or distance. It was easier to measure in time when I started so that's what I have been doing. 22 minutes is supposed to be 2 1/4 miles but my pace is a little slower. It was around 2 miles.

My watch tracks my distance, speed, averages, etc. My stats right now always include the initial 5 minute warmup walk so I think if I actually timed my miles after that I would see my speed increase a little. Oh well, I have 3 more weeks of training before I supposedly am running a 5K within half an hour. My goal hasn't been to do it with that pace but just to be able to say I can run a 5K without walking or falling over dead.

Has anyone done any training plans beyond this? I am not looking to necessarily run a 10K but I do like these doable workouts. It's nice that it mixes it up a little and right now, I only have to run 3 days a week. Anything more is going to be tough to squeeze in. I don't love it enough to do it on the weekends.

3 Comments:

At 7:43 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

I think the main reason you have been able to stick with it is your schedule. It hasn't been a 'battle' to fit your runs in.

 
At 1:21 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Good job!

There are lots of training plans out, it just depends on your goals. If you simply want to keep a running habit, I don't think you necessarily need a plan.

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger Erika . . . with a K said...

I love the c25k! I'm running my first 5k race tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home