Monday, August 20, 2012

A Day of Firsts

Today was the first day at the new school for the boys. Both were super excited and there were zero fits or tears at drop off (from the boys). I welled up on the way to the car but quickly recovered. I just wanted them to have a good first day and not be too upset or naughty.

I had a running first. Today was the first day I had to run 25 minutes straight. For most runners, that's probably a warm-up but for a girl who could barely make it 3-5 minutes running 7 weeks ago, this was a major milestone. Granted, my first mile was around a 12 minute pace but my last mile....well, when I stopped to walk the rest of the way home/cool down, I think my walking was faster than my pretend jog. I logged in with an average of a 13 minute pace but that also included .6+miles of walking (warmup at the beginning and a cool down at the end).

On the work front, I think I went for another milestone-three 1.5 hour training sessions, a 1 hour review session, and a couple other meetings. My butt has fused with my chair!

The boys came home while I was in one of those training sessions. I couldn't break away but once it ended, I bounced out of the room to see how their day went. I think I was way more excited to hear the details then they were to tell me.

According to Ryan; Mason had a good day. He ate well (surprised?-LOL!) and was in a good mood most of the day. Miller also had a good day. No misbehaving and since there are no naps, he was about as restless/sensitive as the other kids. He told me he made friends with two kids. He loved the toys. He ate his lunch, etc. Then tonight when I was resting with him before bed, he told me he and his buddy Katherine (from the old school) met in the bathroom and were making fun of the other kids. Then he clarified that he wasn't in the bathroom with her because the girls have their own bathroom and the boys have theirs. Knowing him...there is some truth in this story but not sure how much. My guess is the two did collaborate on some gossip for the hour they overlapped classrooms about the other kids. I highly doubt it was in the bathroom since he told me after that he only went potty alone (and took a poop at school without needing the teacher to wipe his butt). Gotta love my boy!

Ryan's feeling sick and was in bed at 6:30 tonight when Mason went to bed. I got Miller down at 7:30 and just put in another 2 hours of work. Time to call it a night myself.

2 Comments:

At 8:07 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Jerry was feeling sick yesterday too and he too went to bed early. He said he felt a little nauseous all day yesterday. I asked him why he didn't just go home: No kids at home, not busy at work, and he said: "I don't know, I should have."

I think he may have had a little of what I had last week. He said he was feeling "good enough" today, so hopefully Ryan is too!

Glad the boys had a good first day yesterday! And congrats on 25 minutes of running! Doesn't matter really how far you go, like you said, if you look how much you've been able to build up to in just 7 weeks, it's pretty impressive! Awesome job.

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I can't wait to see pics of Miller in his uniform. I didn't miss those on Facebook did I?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home