Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Work Sucks

Yes, I am do for a good work complaint and this one is just plain and simple. Work sucks! I am in the middle of our fall term start which is the most insane time for curriculum and other term start related tasks (meaning lots of faculty training and meetings). At the same time, I am launching a project that's been 3 years in the making to 5 different schools and of course, none of them are exactly the same in messaging or approach. Top this off by having a new boss (I like this piece of the puzzle with the exception of he needs questions answered in the middle of the day and has asked for some other items I hadn't anticipated getting done). Oh did I mention it's also budget season? I don't have any help so this is just a bit overwhelming for me right now.

I keep telling myself I have to survive a couple more weeks and things will die down a little (not much but a little). So there you have it. It's 10pm and I just wrapped up for the day. I have so much more to do but my eyes are literally burning from staring at the computer. Tomorrow will be another late night and Thursday I don't even want to think about. I have a session scheduled from 8:15-10:45pm. I would love to start late or take some comp time but right now, the schedule just doesn't allow it. These are the days I long for shift work / hours at the grocery store or the liquor store.


2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I think you've been saying it'll get better in a "couple more weeks" for as long as I've known you.

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Ish-ka-bibble! Not sure how you actually spell that, but yuck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home