Friday, February 03, 2012

Finally Friday

This has been a long week and I am glad it is finally Friday. I skimped on two work outs but I still got them all in. Thursday I only did arms and not legs and today, I knocked my resistance down by 2 levels on the bike. I feel a little guilty but I also know that if I push myself too hard, I will just give up. This was like a compromise. I still was active but just not as active as the other days during the week.

I think part of the slacking is due to getting bored. Time to find some new exercises. If anyone has any good "short" videos they want to recommend or lend, I am game. I have a solid half hour each day and on some could bump it up to 45 minutes.  I also know that this week I changed up the order and had 3 days of cardio and only 2 of weights so far. (I am hoping to toss in one more on Saturday.)

One thing I am wondering about is why am I not sleeping better? I have cut back on drinking, been eating better, and get my exercise in in the morning rather than at night. All of those things should point to the best sleep of my life. Instead I find myself tossing and turning, waking up multiple times, and getting up feeling like I haven't slept. I think we need to flip our mattress and maybe it's time for a new pillow.

The good news is this week of work is almost over. I hope to rock out a few things this morning and then spend my afternoon in meetings. I am looking forward to the weekend. Time with the girls and hopefully something fun other than chores at home with the boys.

3 Comments:

At 1:25 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred is only a 20 minute workout and she has a yoga one that is 30 min long. They are short but will kick your ass!

Have a great weekend and enjoy girls night. If you gals weren't 11 hours away, I would join in :)

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Could it be stress keeping you up? Work seems like it's been keeping you jumping again. Or it could just be new Mom syndrome too. Your body is used to not needing so much sleep!

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Annnnd, back to it being Monday now!

I would say the same as Shannon that maybe stress has been disrupting your sleep. That, or hormones can be to blame.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home