Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Failing at One Resolution

I knew the first two weeks of the new year would be busy at work and I may need to work a little extra. Never did I imagine it would be this much. The main culprit is one person who has sucked a ton of my time up (during and after work hours). I have tried to set limits. I have tried to let things go but the bottom line is my job is to make sure our clients have what they need.

The problem with this one person is that she is easily distracted by shiny objects, has overloaded her own plate, and has a holy than though attitude which makes helping her even more difficult. She has no concept of time zones or personal commitments. I have vowed that after tonight, I am not going out of my way to assist her anymore. If I get in trouble, so be it.

I missed dinner with the family tonight. I didn't even see Mason. I had time to read Miller two books and then he went to bed. Ryan was sick so he went to bed too. I had to reheat my dinner and eat alone. I was back to work to wrap up what I had left to see them in less than 45 minutes (that includes taking time to do the dishes).

I am publicly announcing that I will not do this except for dire emergencies. There is a line, it was crossed and I need to get back to keeping normal hours. It's too early to fail this resolution.

3 Comments:

At 8:17 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

I always like to live by the phrase: Work to live, don’t live to work. You definitely need to make sure you get your family time and personal time because that’s the most important over all and will keep you sane when work gets crazy. You’ll get it all figured out, sounds like you just have some kinks to work out. At least you see what needs to be done and can fix it! Sounds like this person needs to learn the concept of sink or swim. :)

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Good luck figuring it out!

 
At 7:15 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I hope this is one resolution you can keep. You definitely need to set some work boundaries. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home