Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Back to Work

We had a nice Christmas and I enjoyed my forced vacation. Too bad it was filled with kids each day. They are adorable and I love them dearly but they are draining. I can't wait for a much need vacation. I have officially started looking for a March or April escape. Almost all of the "parents" at work had similar comments about loving their time at home but happy to send the kids back to school or daycare. We spent a good portion of the morning comparing cute stories from Christmas. They are loveable and those short moments of humor, love, and coolness make up for the hours of annoying, naughty or in general, bad behavior.

In the meantime, work will have to be my kid free zone. The next two weeks are going to be super busy and then I should get back to a normal pace. As busy as it is, it does feel good to flex my brain muscles again. Hopefully you have noticed but ever since I switched jobs a year ago, I have not really complained too much about work. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of hair pulling moments and under breath swear words each day but in general, I am lucky to have the position I do now. In fact, most of the annoyances and frustrations are laughable since they are caused by morons. I have either lost the ability to get super worked up or I have gained a saintly amount of patience. You pick. Either way, I hope 2012's work world continues on a mostly sane and manageable path.

1 Comments:

At 7:20 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

It's good that things are going well for the new job compared to the old one. Hopefully it stays that way for good!

Where are you guys thinking of going for vacation?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home