Monday, January 30, 2012

Just Say No

I have been practicing "Just Say No" at work. Sunday, I received 7 frantic emails and 1 voicemail from a client. Since this person is a headcase, nothing really was that urgent, and it was Sunday evening, I just said no and didn't respond to her. Granted, she made for a terrible start this Monday morning but I followed through with not caving and spending 2 hours working on her stuff last night. One of her requests was for me to conduct more training with her from 6-8pm ET tonight. Considering the countless hours I spent (including after 10pm one night) I said no.I also took my lunch hour today instead of trying to get an email out to her with all the things she needed.

Now, under most circumstances I would never treat a client this way but she's unique. Not to mention, I am headed into a month of late nights and drama. I won't get into it here but let's just say I am prepared for the storm that is approaching. I have given fair warning to Ryan so none of my late nights or crazy meltdowns should come as a surprise.

3 Comments:

At 3:21 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Good for you! And, good luck with the month ahead!

 
At 7:51 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Ditto to what Jess said. Be strong and good luck!

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Good choice! Sometimes tough love is the best answer and this person clearly needs some.

Good luck with the rough patches. You'll get through it all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home