Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Daycare Part 1

This week Mason and I made the infamous trip to daycare. I set up his stuff and chatted with the teachers. Luckily, they are the same infant teachers that Miller had so I was pretty comfortable with their approach to infant care and knew what to expect.

Overall, I am feeling pretty good about Mason starting daycare but I am waiting for the hormonal mom emotions to take over. His first official day is Monday. I know in my head he will be ok and that there really isn't an option for me as a working mom other than daycare. I NEED to go back to work. I love my tiime off and being with Mason but I am not meant to be a stay at home mom (at least for an infant). I would do much better with school age children where we could do lesson plans and crafts.

The time off from work was good for Miller and I. We did have a few times together over the past 2.5 months where it was just the two of us. Today I surprised him and took him to lunch. He was giddy about it. Tonight we worked on a homework assignment together and it was actually fun to see his mind working.

I know I am going to have a tough time over the next couple weeks with going back to work and sending my baby (who is now smiling and interacting with me) to school. Since the cat just crawled in my lap, I guess that's a sign that I still have someone to snuggle with during the day. Too bad it's Jazzy who may eat me at any moment without notice. She and Annie will probably be happy to have the house back to normal from 7-4:30 each day too. :)

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM , Blogger Jess said...

It'll be tough leaving him, but you know it will be fine, and the return to work is nice in it's own way. At least you'll be returning near the holidays when there are many short weeks, so it may feel a bit mroe gradual.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home