Saturday, October 22, 2011

Volvo Experience Take 2

I love my Volvo. It has been a great car so far and I have no complaints about it. The only issue I have is with my service appointment experiences. I bought my car in Weston and did my first free service there. It was on a busy Saturday and took longer than I anticipated but not the end of the world. Since we moved, I switched dealers for service due to location/convenience. They are striking out and I will be making a point of driving to Weston for all future maintenance work.

As you may recall, a while back, I made a morning drop off appointment that they lost. Then it took them all day to finish my car and I hounded them up until they closed to get it done so I could take it home. This time, I made an appointment for 9am (oil change). Jiffy Lube can get you in and out in under an hour even when they are super busy so I told Ryan I would take it and wait there until it was done. At the 2+ hour mark I asked them what the hold up was (they had taken too many car emergencies in, short a technician, etc.). Of course by that point they claimed they had started on it. At the 2.5 hour mark I asked how much longer and received the proverbial 10-15 minute estimate. At the 3 hour mark I went and grabbed the managers card and told the lady at the desk how upset I was and that this was my last time visiting them.

I knew she couldn't do anything for me but I calmly stated my frustration and went back to give the other service lady the evil eye even though it wasn't fully her fault (she was overwhelmed and I explained I understand emergencies but appointments should be seen especially if they are here waiting. If it's going to take longer due to an emergency, tell me and I would have left and come back later). She said don't give me a bad rating on the survey. I said sorry, I know you are doing your best but I am not rating this experience well.

She got a service manager to come speak to me. He gave me his song and dance and I repeated my concern that 2 times in a row with poor service is enough. I won't be back and that I am frustrated over such a simple procedure. He apologized and told me he wouldn't charge me for my tire rotation. Good job dude but that $30 savings didn't make up for 3.5 hours of wasted time. I did get a car wash too which was nice since I really needed one but that is part of the service I get with going there so it wasn't really a "freebie" to make me feel good.

I think I am going to call the other manager on Monday and complain. Maybe I can get some more freebies or at least feel like I voiced my concerns and move on to the other dealership. It may still take me 3 hours for an oil change with driving time but hopefully I will walk away satisfied and feel that I held true to my "I am not coming back" claim.

*the icing on the cake was I was one of 4 people in the complaint department. The one lady said she loves her car but hates their service. The guy ahead of me ended up calling for a ride and left. He was peaved at the situation he was in. The lady after me had dropped her car off Friday for a Saturday morning pick up. They hadn't even done the paper work to look at it when I was leaving. They told her it wouldn't be done until Tuesday now! (She had scheduled her drop off with the guy I had last time that lost my appointment. For her's, he didn't even write down what she needed done and didn't have any contact info for her. She luckily stopped in to check on it.)

1 Comments:

At 7:03 PM , Blogger Jess said...

That's half your day! I'd be mad too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home