Sunday, November 13, 2011

Updates

We have been busy almost every week with something going on while I have been on maternity leave. We had many guests visit and last weekend, my parents were here to babysit so we could attend a friend's wedding.

The wedding was great. I have a few pics but most were just us being cheesy. Nothing worth posting. There were a few classic ones though that I may need to email to the "subjects" for a good laugh.

Miller had a fantastic week at school and home. It's been rough for the past couple months. We knew he would try us with Mason's arrival; which he did. Now it seems to have sunk in what our routine is and that Mason is here to stay so he better just get used to it. Also, it was our first "non-something going on" week in months.

Ryan had a little "procedure" done this week so I had Miller duty all weekend. Miller and I had fun and he was a pretty darn good guy. I finally cashed in on my date with him today. We went to Puss in Boots. It was cute-worth buying the dvd, not worth 3D theater prices. He sat through the whole movie and kept his questions/talking to a minimum. I was very happy and would take him again if I win the lottery. $33 for the two of us...ridiculous!

Ryan finally got a taste of Mason's fussiness that I get during the week. Luckily for him, crying doesn't bother him as much as it does me. I can take the crazy blabbing, dog barking, older kid whining over crying any day. It's a good way to balance out the annoyances in our life. LOL!

Next week has me taking Mason to school to meet his teacher, get his crib/essentials set up, and "practice" leaving him for a couple hours. He also has his 10 week check-up at the pediatrician. I know in my head everything will be fine but I can tell I am going to have a rough time with it (the daycare drop off). I am sure I will have an emotional post regarding those details.

The week of Thanksgiving he officially starts school so I can have 3 days to myself. Then it's back to work for me on Tuesday, November 29th. Wow, time sure does fly. Guess it's time to hurry and finish a few things I wanted to do on my time away from work. I knew I made my list too long!

3 Comments:

At 5:59 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I can't believe it's time for you to go back to work already!

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, this weekend was a godsend for us too: Nothing going on! First time for us in about 2 months too! So nice to just chillax.

I cringe to think of what those wedding pics may contain of me. I KNOW my boobs will be featured prominently. Yuck.

You're smart to send Mason to DC early and give yourself a few days to yourself! It'll be so nice as you ease yourself back to the work routine. And, yes, transitioning back to DC is emotional, but you know everything will be fine. Plus, his pal Caleb will be in there to be friends with him! :)

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Jess, there is one boob shot but there is also a classic Jess rockin' the silly face/dance. Don't worry, it won't be put online.

I am excited for Mason and Caleb to buddy up at daycare. I heard they have prepped a crib for him already.

I thought sending him to daycare before I went to work was a little selfish but I felt like I really should have done that with Miller (which I didn't). I know it will give me that little bit of time to wrap my days off and transition into working mode. I have a ton of things to catch up on before I hit the road running on Tuesday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home