Friday, October 28, 2011

Typical

Earlier this week I had a meltdown due to crying baby. Jess offered to take Mason for a couple hours this morning so I could have some alone time. It worked out perfectly because I needed to clean the house and as you know, that's therapy for me.

I dropped off Mason at 8am and picked him up at 10:30. In typical Erin luck/karma, he slept the whole time at her house. That was the easiest babysitting gig she has probably had in years. I figured when I got home he would be a wiley little guy and crossed my fingers as I started to mop the floors. Then I crossed them even harder when I took a shower.

In untypical fashion, Mason slept until noon! Someone must have decided it was time for things to get back to a more normal pace or at least give me a break from the insanity. I have no idea what's in store for me this afternoon or evening but thank you to Jess for forcing me to accept the break she offered me and thank you to the karma god *and probably a little thanks to Mason too for getting mommy needed him to shape up.

Soon I will be off to the airport to pick up Emily. I don't know who is more excited; her or Miller.

1 Comments:

At 7:09 PM , Blogger Jess said...

It certainly was easy! If it weren't for Norah constantly wanting to double check that "Baby Mason still sleeping?" we'd hardly have noticed he was here!

Good job on the long sleep, dude! Hope the afternoon went well too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home