Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend in many ways. The weather was fabulous which spurred an impromptu Friday night gathering at our house. Connie brought a fantastic pot of soup to share and the kids (including Pete and Jerry) ran around like wild cats to burn off some steam and enjoy the fresh air.

Saturday I wasted my day at the dealership (see previous post) but Ryan was able to get a ton of yard work done. We stayed close to home which was nice after having had visitors or been away so many weekends in a row.

Sunday morning Miller and I made muffins. We bought 2 new trees for the backyard and a plant for out front by the street. I was able to make a trip to Target without kids which was a blessing. I was able to browse and skip the toy aisle along with the 20 minutes "no, you can just look, we are not purchasing" battle.

Miller and I made a thank you card and played baseball. We ate on the porch last night with the doors open to watch the game. Miller even got to stay up and watch the dinosaur (Terra Nova) tv show with us.

Although Mason's been battling diarrhea this weekend, he's been a pretty good baby. I think I am going to buy stock in Pampers and Enfamil. We seem to keep those two businesses in the black.

Yep, that's an ordinary, boring weekend at our house and I actually enjoyed it.

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Are you taking advantage of the Pampers "Gifts to Grow" program? You enter the codes on the wipes and diapers, and eventually they add up and you get to buy something. We're working our way to a "free" reward of some kind.

 
At 12:35 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Nope. Need to check that out asap.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home